California Common Core State Standards
The California Common Core State Standards (CCCSS) were developed through a state-led initiative to establish consistent and clear education standards for English language arts and mathematics that would better prepare students for success in college, career, and the competitive global economy. The California State Board of Education (SBE) adopted the standards on August 2, 2010.
Mathematics Course and Curriculum information for Common Core:
- Common Core State Standards: Information and Resource Guide
- Estándares Estatales Comunes: Información y guía de recursor
Common Core Grade Level Standards
Specific grade level and content area Common Core standards and expectations are described through this link
DJUSD “Side-by-Side” CCSS Documents
These documents were developed by grade level teams across Davis Joint Unified School District to determine “essential” Common Core Standards at each grade level. As our work on the Common Core continues, these documents will evolve.
- CA Common Core State Standards
- Common Core Standards Initiative - about the standards, parent information, historical perspective
- Common Core for Special Education
- Computer Adaptive Testing - how it works, and why it's being implemented in 2015.
- English Language Arts and Literacy in Social Science, Science and Technical Subjects [PDF]
- Estándares Comunes Del Estado De California Para Las Artes Del Lenguaje En Español Y Para La Lecto-Escritura En Historia Y Estudios Sociales, Ciencias Y Materias Técnicas
- Mathematics - Common Core State Standards for Mathematics
- English Language Development Standards - SBE adopted November 7, 2012
- Next Generation Science Standards - K-12 - Approved by the State Board of Education on September 4, 2013. More information on the NGSS rollout process can be found on the NGSS information page of the CDE website.
- Technology Connections of the ELA Common Core Standards
- DJUSD Parent Guides to Common Core Standards-Based Report Cards for TK - 2nd Grade - English
- Frequently Asked Questions - Common Core & Smarter Balanced Assessments
- Preguntas Frecuentes - Estándares Estatales Comunes (conocidos como CCSS en inglés)
- DJUSD Guía para los padres boleta de calificaciones de los estándares del plan obligatorio para TK-2 º grado
[Note: We will be reviewing the report cards later this year along with any comments submitted to the following
email address: email@example.com. Please consult with your child's teacher if you have any concerns
regarding the report cards for grades TK through 2. Please do not expect a reply to submissions to this email box.]
California Curriculum Frameworks
Frameworks are blueprints for implementing the content standards adopted by the California State Board of Education and are developed by the Curriculum Development and Supplemental Materials Commission.
Tulare County Office of Education - CCSS Resources
Anchor Standards Summaries, the ELA CCSS Learning Progressions, the ELA CCSS Bookmarks, the ELA CCSS Templates, and the Summary of ELA CCSS by Grade Level.
- STAR - Assembly Bill 484 Questions and Answers (FAQ)
- Smarter Balanced Field Test Questions and Answers (FAQ)
- Additional Resources
California Content Standards
The 1997 California Content Standards were designed to encourage the highest achievement of every student, by defining the knowledge, concepts, and skills that students should acquire at each grade level.